The first thing that comes to mind when you think of henna may be its dyeing properties, but what about using henna for hair growth?
Henna boasts so many aesthetic benefits that we tend to forget about the long-term effects. But henna hair growth is also a very real, and very natural, benefit. In fact, letting henna help with the long and tiresome process of growing out your hair offers several advantages.
For a start, by using henna powder for hair growth, you avoid using other potentially damaging treatments which can be full of chemicals. When used over time, chemicals like SLS can cause damage to your hair. Of course, there is also the benefit to the environment of using a completely natural, organic henna product.
What are the benefits of using henna for hair growth?
Aside from avoiding using other treatments containing nasty chemicals, you’ll also find that using henna offers a number of healing properties:
- Henna encourages hair growth. Used regularly, it can also help to prevent hair loss by protecting the follicle.
- With its anti-inflammatory properties, henna can help to maintain scalp health and prevent dandruff.
- Henna keeps your hair moisturised and conditioned, especially when used as part of a regular treatment routine including washing and applying hair masks.
- Henna helps to remove excess oils from your hair, promoting hair health and balancing the pH levels of your scalp.
- As well as improving hair health, henna can actually strengthen your hair. The result is fewer issues such as hair damage and split ends.
It’s worth repeating that these benefits all come with the sustainability upside of choosing henna. You’ll be getting great results while using only natural, organic ingredients.
How to use henna powder for hair growth
You may already be using henna to achieve your perfect hair colour. However, if you are only planning to use henna for hair growth and not for its dyeing properties, then you should use your henna mixture straight away after mixing. This gives the colour less time to fully develop.
This treatment should be carried out as part of your regular hair care routine. There are also several options available to you to help you achieve the healthiest hair possible. Henna can be combined with the following ingredients to maximise its benefits:
- Amla powder
- Aloe vera
- Coconut milk
- Castor oil
- Lemon juice.
When added to your henna powder mixture, these ingredients can help to achieve the best results from your hair care routine.
Only use the best
As with any treatment, it is important to make sure that you are using the finest ingredients. Only use completely organic henna powder; many other products can contain chemicals including oxidants, ammonia and resorcinol which can cause a number of unpleasant reactions, as well as potentially damaging your hair.
By using our vegan hair care products, you’ll give your hair the best possible treatment with no impact on the environment. Let your locks shine today.